Monday, April 27, 2009

Ruts are for losers

...and I'm a big L-7 weenie.

I don't know what's wrong with me. The sun is shining, birds are singing and all I want to do is nothing. I'm depressed. Blah.

My hubby is a security officer at the nuclear power plant in Plymouth (as is the "Rock") and they are having there annual outage. I'm not too sure what all that entails, but I do know that it means him working 6 12hr. days a week. Double blah. His one day off is now spent sleeping and working on installing new windows, one by one, himself. I also know that this now means I have to work (from home, but it's still WORK and I'm swamped right now), take care of my little wen, laundry, cook, dishes, work on invites/decorations/favors for his 1st birthday, try to get our house in non-renovation order in time for PEOPLE to see it (argh!) and clean. Not to mention, there's no going out that one night a week where we'd do date night.

Needless to say, I'm not handling it like a trooper.

I want to crawl up in a ball and pound my fists.

Or maybe just sleep.cry.sleep.cry.

I'm in a rut. The worst part is I'm taking it out on my hubby and I know it's not his fault. He's working. I mean, he's not boozing it up or playing with his friends all day...err, night. (did I mention he works graveyard shift? triple blah) But he's not being compassionate either. All I want is, well I don't know exactly what I want, but I want him to figure it out and do it.

I want to get out of this rut because I'm not a rut type-a gal. I'm constantly trying to lose weight (who isn't?) and I know what I need to do, but when I get depressed, all I want to do is eat.crap. We bought a Total Gym (Chuck Norris made me do it) and it's sitting in our bedroom. in pieces. and it has been for a week. Not helping matters any. Now that the weather has perked up, I've been trying to get Wen out of the house and go for walks on our beautiful street. EVERYONE goes for walks on our beautiful street. You always know the weathers good because you'll see a day-long parade of folks/dogs/kids on bikes/wagons trekking along. I love it. Maybe that will get me de-rutted.

I'm off to McDonalds...I'll drown my sorrow in fries and diet coke.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I'm sorry your life is so hectic right now! I totally feel you on things being so busy! My hubby works and goes to school full time - IT SUCKS! And I get totally jealous of all these things that take up his time, even though I know he's doing it for us to have a good life! So I think it's safe to say you're still "normal!"

    As far as losing weight...you can do it girl!! I'm serious, it's one of the most liberating things ever, to be able to have a the self control to not eat something that you know you shouldn't or don't even want to but you feel like crap and just wanna gorge! That is soooo me, I'm such an emotional eater! That's why I decided to do something...because I wasn't in control of what I was eating. Food was controlling me instead of the other way around! Now I totally feel in control and so much better about myself. And the weight is coming off, another perk!

    Definitely take "Wen" :) out for a stroll and take a breath of fresh air! I'm sure he'll love it and so will you!

    And get outta that rut soon will ya!?! There's no time for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I just found a baggie in my shipping supplies that has the cutest sweater knit 'M' ornament in it. It says 'michelle-y' writtin on it! I think it is yours from my Christmas giveaway....and can't believe I didn't get it shipped. I'm so sorry. Send me your address again and I will pop it in the mail.

    Also, ruts and losing weight are major BLAHS. Sorry your in it right now. I go sit in the sun when I am feeling that way. It usually helps....or makes me want to take a nap and go deeper in my rut!

    And, I have been obsessing over trying to figure out how to make cute flower beaded bracelets....when my studio is built that is the first thing I am going to dive into. I'm planning on filling my shop next week with more earrings too. Etsy is a pain in the but to load items onto....but the sell is so fun and worth it. Good luck on the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete