Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Stop raining on my parade!

Not too much has been happening on our homefront...well I can't say that, Owen got his 1st tooth-yippee! Two days before his 10mth. birthday. He's been a toofless wonder and teething like it's going outta style for the last, oh I dunno, 7 1/2 months!!! It was sad because all of his friends in our baby group were popping them out for months (6 teeth here, molars there...dang it,why do you spite me toothfairy?). So neddless to say, this has been a major relief for him (ok, ok, for me). I was really bummed that my mother-in-law was the one to find it (boo) not me or my hubby, but it's in and hopefully there are more to follow.

So onto my parade being poo'd on...

We've been renovating/remodeling/redoing our house since me moved in nearly 2yrs. ago and there's really no end in sight. But with Owen's 1st birthday fastly approaching and our superhero themed bash well in the works, we've stepped it up a notch. We have a 'honey-do' list about a mile long (no, seriously) and we're frantically crossing things off left and right in preparation. This includes finishing our bathroom remodel (2 yrs. in the works), painting, yard maintenance (we have an acre of land and the touchholes before us didn't do a lick of yardwork for 3yrs. before they sold it to us schmucks), painting (did I say that already?), finish babyproofing (check!), get new patio furniture (we're having a bbq!)...

So we bought a GREAT patio set online at walmart.com. I've been scouring for over a year to find a beautiful set that's not an arm and a leg. And I found this one (minus the umbrella, we don't need it):



I'm still kicking myself that my hubby didn't give the go-ahead when I found this beauty last year because it was $130 cheaper...but I still couldn't find a bigger bang for my buck than this (even with it being more $$$). So the hubby gave the green light (oh and don't think I didn't RUB it in that it would've been cheaper if he just let me buy it last season {dig-dig}. So after me guilting him, the hubby spent the better part of his weekend off picking it up from walmart (in-store pick up is FABULOUS!) and putting it together (not so fabulous). He gets it all done Sunday night and just as we're about to kick back and enjoy the fruits of his labor (ta-hee-hee), it starts raining. And let me tell you it hasn't stopped since then. So as I bitterly type this, know I'd rather be sitting on my deck with my butt firmly planted in new patio furniture goodness, enjoying our view (sorry folks, I love you, but it's been a LONG winter here in MA and I'm anxiously awaiting Spring). This is what I will be looking forward too this weekend, it's supposed to get in the 70's!!!!!!



(this is the view of the cranberry bog behind our property from our loverly deck)

I hope you all of something great to look forward too this weekend too!

Hugs from MA...Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Well rumor has it it's supposed to cool down to 71 on Friday. Let's just say this... if it doesn't some weatherman's head will be snapped off. I am not lovin the 100* temps right now and am ready to go postal on this heat wave.

    LOVE the furniture!!!

    SOOOOo proud of our little Wennie and his tooth! He's such a big boy! We miss him to pieces! {you guys too!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the patio set! I want a new one this year too! We are in the high 90's...ugh...

    Yay for teeth!

    ReplyDelete